Has your family been directly impacted by a loss or reduction of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Do you need some assistance to help you through this time?
At Heart for Winter Haven, we want to come alongside you and your family.
We have partnered with the United Way of Central Florida to provide financial assistance to individuals and families affected by COVID-19:
- Rent and Mortgage Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Childcare and Adult Care Assistance
- Other emergency uses specifically authorized under the CARES Act
Polk County residents who meet all of the following criteria may be eligible:
- Individuals who have had a reduction in income or lost their job due to COVID-19;
- Polk County resident and possess a valid Florida ID or Florida driver's license (just one only); and
- Confirmation from individual they did not receive additional County or Federal COVID-19 assistance (does not include COVID-19 stimulus payments).
The following documentation must be submitted:
- Valid Florida ID or Florida Driver's License
- Social Security Card
- Proof of loss of income related to COVID-19 (furlough, lay-off letter from employer, unemployment statement, quarantine letter from doctor):
- Documentation of assistance needed (i.e. mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.)
For more information, and to schedule an appointment, you can reach us at: